Reflection: At first sight these words seem to be quite easy but when I checked the correct pronunciation I've discovered that I used to pronounce most of the words completely wrong. For example words analysis, event, aunt and hotel. These were the biggest challenge for me. From this task I have learned that even the easiest word which I have known since I went to primary school can be easily mispronounced. Therefore I should be careful and don't rush saying those words. Another important thing is to be always careful with stress in English words. I tend to forget about it very quickly. Now I feel more confident about my speaking and because of this task I also discovered a great channel on youtube.com with understandable instructions.
Reflection: In this individual task I tried to choose words that are really hard for me to pronounce. While I was choosing these words I realised I have difficulty saying words that have lots of 'r' in it. I chose exactly these types of words and added some words that are quite long. I looked up some tutorials on youtube.com with helpful tips how to work with longer words. According to these tips I divided my long words into small units and tried to say them very slowly then I gradually increased the speed of saying it. For example my word ‘indistinguishable’. I’ve divided it into these units: in-di-stin-guish-able. It's safe to say now I can say those words without problem and in the future this tip will me help me work with new words as well.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat