This compulsory task was fun to record. Most of the names and
titles were familiar to me. But I wasn’t quite sure with Leonardo DiCaprio. I
used to pronounce his name the Czech way (so how it’s write it’s also
pronounced) and it’s very different. It’s great that I’ve learned the proper
way of saying it. I used to pronounce ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ with wrong stress so with
this task I was able to revise what I’ve learned from JAC1 seminar. Other name
Tim Burton – I used to pronounced as ‘tim barton’. And I don’t even know why.
Maybe because of the Czech medias that are saying it the wrong way of course. The
rest of the names wasn’t hard for me as I know them very well from TV shows and
other stuff.
Reflection:
For this individual task I chose my favourite artists and actors. The biggest challenge for me was definitely Saoirse Ronan. Most of the Americans spell her name wrong and I did too because I was too lazy to look it up on the Internet. Anyway I had to search quite a lot because the pronunciation of her name wasn't on forvo.com. Finally I found it on youtube.com and I was surprised. I used to pronounce her name something like 'sajrse ronen' but it's completely different. I suppose it's because of her Irish origin. Matthew McConaughey was quite surprise for me too. I used the Czechenglish pronunciation so I’m glad that this task help me improve it. Other names were ok I guess. I think I’m satisfied with this recording and it’s refreshing to focus on these type of things. I think I took it for granted in the past. Not every English names is typical with its pronunciation and it’s always good to look it up and find the correct way of saying it.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat