This task included my favourite song which I didn't understand
when I listened to it for the first time. And that's exactly what connected
speech does. It just creates a new word between these two originals so it can
be quite confusing to understand it especially in lyrics of a song. So I think
that's one of my problems in English. I'm glad that I was able to do this. This
recording was fun to make and I’m satisfied with both of my recordings. From
now I’ll always try to connect those words so I won’t sound like a robot. And I also think that because of this I can sound more natural.
Reflection:
For my individual task I chose some expressions from youtube
videos and from my favourite song. I found videos about connected speech which was
very useful. I like music and when I have a new song to listen to I usually
look up lyrics and try to sing it with music because I found quite difficult to
understand the lyrics especially when the singer has hard accent (e. g.
Australian or New Zealand). This task helped me to focus more on connecting
consonants to vowels in words and I definitely paid the attention to it more.
And it's quite funny because it's literally in every song and I didn't even
realised. I was always confused with the lyrics and now I think I'll
be more aware of this and even use it in speech to talk more authentically.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat