This task was definitely more difficult than previous ones. It was
sometimes tricky for me to decide if I should choose strong or weak form. For
instance with using ‘some’ I always used to pronounce it as a strong form even
though it shouldn’t be like that. I think I couldn’t get rid of this old habit because
I was taught to pronounce every single word in English properly at elementary
school and high school. So I practised on poems below these sentences and I
also found some helpful videos on youtube.com which I’ll definitely get back to
it to revise it again.
Reflection:I chose a recipe for hot cocoa which I found on the Internet few weeks ago. This task was very helpful. I've revised some words mainly used in cooking and also learned new expressions like to simmer, which means to cook something by keeping it almost at a boiling point. Another word in the recipe was be dissolved. I used it in a connection with sugar. It's basically to mix something solid with a liquid and become part of it. When I was looking on ingredients in the recipe I also found half-and-half which was unfamiliar to me. I looked it up and it's apparently a mixture of half milk and half cream. Unfortunately I couldn't find the exact product at the local store so I substitute it for cream.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat