This task was definitely difficult to deal with. My pronunciation’s
always been mixed up. I sometimes use AmE words together with BrE. So it’s not
coherent and as a result I have a weird accent. For instance a word ‘butterfly’
and ‘vase’ I pronounce the American way. On the other hand ‘dance’ and ‘aunt’
the British way. Also the fact that I watch both British and American TV shows
doesn’t help either. And that’s why this task was very helpful. From the
article I've actually learned the main difference between British and American pronunciations
so now I can better distinguish them. Now I can concentrate more on my British pronunciation
rather than figuring out what I'm doing wrong.
Reflection:
In my individual task I chose an excerpt we got in our KOFA seminars. I chose it as my individual task because I wanted to record myself and try to focus more on pauses, tempo, and schwas and generally on British pronunciation. It’s very difficult for me to read longer text without problems. I tend to stutter and sometimes read to quickly and then omit a proper pronunciation. It took a lot of time to go through the text from one paragraph to another. But I think it was worth it. I definitely took the time and focus on everything. I hope it turned out good in the end.
In my individual task I chose an excerpt we got in our KOFA seminars. I chose it as my individual task because I wanted to record myself and try to focus more on pauses, tempo, and schwas and generally on British pronunciation. It’s very difficult for me to read longer text without problems. I tend to stutter and sometimes read to quickly and then omit a proper pronunciation. It took a lot of time to go through the text from one paragraph to another. But I think it was worth it. I definitely took the time and focus on everything. I hope it turned out good in the end.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat