At first I was kind of terrified that I
would have problems with this task but at the end it wasn’t that bad. Although
I had to try it few times because I wasn’t paying attention to pauses. I tend
to say sentences quickly and as I learned from my previous individual task, it’s
one of the many mistakes I make. I think I did it quite all right after few attempts.
I definitely learned that it’s helpful to determine where the pauses are so I
can take a breath and then continue with speaking and prevent it from unnecessary
stutter. Also intonation is important to emphasise certain words that are relevant.
Reflection:
In this individual task I chose a video from
ESL channel on YouTube. This particular recording is focused on intonation, rhythm
and pronunciation and contains sentences with linking t + b. I recorded few
sentences that I repeated after the speaker. And as I noticed in English the
/t/ sound is often not released before a /b/ sound. Sometimes the /t/ sound may
be even inaudible. I like this pronunciation practice video because I could focus
more on this issue and also practice my intonation because I often do a mistake
that involves rising intonation at the end of a sentence. It was definitely helpful
and I’ll get back to it to revise it in the next individual task.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat