sobota 5. prosince 2015

Week 10 - pic to talk about

Reflection:After listening my raw recording I found loads of mistakes in my speaking. I didn’t say much details about persons’ appearance and clothing and also used wrong phrases like ‘next to the table’ instead of ‘behind the table’. I also didn’t know a word for a ‘pen with a feather’ so I didn't even mention it in the recording and completely left out it. I looked it up and found out the right word, which is a ‘quill’. I also stuttered a lot because of the unexpected picture and it was more of a general description than focusing on details. But in the ‘tuned up’ recording I tried to come up with different synonyms and made my describing more fluent and coherent.
  Refletion: In this individual task I chose this website with a recording of Aesop's fable "The North Wind and the Sun" read by British speakers. I wanted to again train my pronunciation, intonation, rhythm by listening to the recording first and then read it out loud. I marked pauses between sentences, rising and falling intonation and of course transcription when I wasn’t sure about the pronunciation (in the words obliged and disputing). I had definitely problems with pauses. I used too much of them because I stuttered or have problems with pronunciation. I tried to read it few times until I was satisfied with it.
This website is definitely a great source of different exercises focused on pronunciation and I’ll use it later for another practising.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat